Ohio's oldest covered bridge, built in 1829, is also the nation's oldest and only remaining double-barreled (two-lane) covered bridge in Ohio, listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Rock Mill Covered Bridge is a 37-foot Queenpost truss built in 1901 by Jacob 'Blue Jeans' Brandt, at its original location overlooking the Hocking River gorge and Ohio's oldest gristmill.
The John Bright #2 Covered Bridge is a 75-foot Inverted Bowstring and Burr Arch structure built in 1881 by Augustus Borneman & Sons, now on the Ohio University Lancaster campus serving the Fairfield Heritage Trail.
The Smolen-Gulf Covered Bridge is the longest covered bridge in the United States at 613 feet, spanning 93 feet above the Ashtabula River. Built in 2008, this modern engineering marvel supports full legal load traffic.
The George Miller Road Covered Bridge is a 154-foot Smith truss bridge built in 1879 over West Fork Eagle Creek, still open to vehicular traffic.
The North Pole Road Covered Bridge is a 156-foot Smith truss bridge built in 1875 over Eagle Creek, bypassed in 2019 and preserved as a pedestrian crossing.
The Brown Covered Bridge is a historic 129-foot Smith truss covered bridge built in 1878 over White Oak Creek near New Hope in Brown County, Ohio.
The New Hope Covered Bridge, also known as Bethel Road Bridge, is Ohio's longest single-span covered bridge at 172 feet, built in 1878 over White Oak Creek.
The McCafferty Road Covered Bridge is a historic 157-foot Howe truss bridge built in 1877 over the East Fork Little Miami River, still open to traffic.
Built in 1884 by the Diltz and Steel Company, the Cox Covered Bridge is a Queenpost Truss bridge spanning Brushy Fork on Woodgeard Road near Creola in Vinton County, Ohio. It is the shortest covered bridge in the county at 40 feet.
Built in 1876, the Bay Covered Bridge is a 63-foot Multiple Kingpost Truss bridge originally spanning Little Raccoon Creek, now relocated to the Vinton County Fairgrounds in McArthur, Ohio, where it spans a pond as a pedestrian bridge.
The Bowman Mill Covered Bridge is an 81-foot Multiple Kingpost Truss structure built c. 1880 by Lank Bowman, originally spanning Rush Creek and now relocated to the Perry County Fairgrounds in New Lexington, Ohio.